Williams AV announced that its products, WaveCAST and FM+, are being enhanced to integrate with third-party room controllers.
WaveCAST, a real-time audio over Wi-Fi platform, and FM+, which integrates the WaveCAST Wi-Fi audio server technology into an FM assistive listening system, have been widely adopted worldwide. Both products are built on hardware-based DSP, designed for pro-audio applications where high-quality sound is required.
The products' success in the market results from their ability to augment audio for hearing loss in assistive listening applications, their high-fidelity playback, and maximum speech intelligibility.
Adding functionality that allows the products to be controlled through third-party room controls gives AV professionals the ability to optimize the users' listening experience and maintain other functions, all from a single source.
There is an active trend in the AV industry towards easy room management through centralized room controllers. Adding management and maintenance functionality of our products through integration with third-party room controls demonstrates our commitment to innovation in an ever-changing ProAV market, said Brad Kautzer, President and CEO of Williams AV.
The new WaveCAST (WF T5C) and FM+ (FM T55C) versions integrate with third-party room systems and can be controlled with Telnet commands via Ethernet. Telnet commands include:
- Adjustable audio input gain.
- Ability to change DSP settings.
- Access to VU meter to verify audio levels.
- Ability to view and update WaveCAST Network settings.
- View or set channel name.
- RF Power, channel, frequency, and adjustments (FM T55C model only).
- The new units also feature self-diagnostics that run at startup to verify operations and assist in troubleshooting if needed. In addition, navigation has been made easier on both models with a larger keypad on the front panel, a simplified navigation menu on the OLED screen, and a redesigned, easy-to-use web interface.